Madly in love with these vegan blueberry scones. They are one of my favorite treats and one of my favorite things to prepare. This recipe is a foolproof one, and best of all, you only need ONE BOWL to prepare it.
What are scones?
There are two types of scones. Scones that are more like a biscuit, and are not flavored and most of the time is eaten with butter and jam. This type of scones, which we know as biscuits, are more close to the English kind of baked goods.
The other type is a heavy scone, which is made with cream and usually has an extra flavor, such as lemon scone, strawberry scones, chocolate scones, or sugar and cinnamon.
Also, this type of scone can have a glaze on top or a mixture of sugar and spices. This is the American scone and I love it.
How to make vegan blueberry scones?
These blueberry scones don’t have oil or butter. I made them with full-fat canned coconut milk. This also makes them vegan and super easy to prepare.
There are different techniques to make them; one is to grate butter or frozen margarine with a grater box and mix with the powders. Then you add the rest of the ingredients. The other, which for me is the easiest, is to use canned coconut milk, which has a high-fat content and you
✎TIP One of the keys to making scones with a crispy surface, soft on the inside is by keeping the dough cold. So it is important to use frozen fruit, in this case frozen blueberries.
Some notes about the ingredients:
- Flour. For these scones I used organic wheat flour, unbleached and unenriched.
- Sugar. Use cane sugar. For bread and cake recipes it is better not to change the type of sugar, use what the recipe calls for.
- Coconut milk. This recipe calls for full-fat canned coconut milk. It is important that it is whole fat so that the scones remain with that flaky texture that characterizes them.
You can bake this recipe in individual blueberry scones or you can separate the dough into two discs and cut each one into 8 slices.
✨✨ • GIVE IT A TWIST • ✨✨ • add cinnamon • add caramelized ginger in pieces • add grated lemon zest • finish with a vanilla icing Make this reciep your own
HOW TO SERVE THE SCONES?
This blueberry scones recipe is sweet. It is perfect if you serve it with vanilla ice cream on top. So you can serve it as dessert. They are also incredible if you serve them on a dessert table or have them in the morning with a coffee or tea.
Here are some other recipes for baked goods that I think you will like:
- Cinnamon rolls
- Vanilla and chia pudding
- Olive oil and lemon loaf
- Vegan banana bread
- Vegan banana baked doughnuts
- Peach and raspberry crumble
So here is the recipe for these vegan blueberry scones that are the best and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the blog and a photo of your scones on Instagram, Fb or save the recipe to make it later on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or if you tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas also put them there.
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice milk, almond or soy will work too
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut whole milk full fat
- 1 cup blueberries
- extra sugar for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, rice milk or almond, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to powders. Mix well and give it time to integrate everything, you might want or need to use your hands.
- Add the blueberries, I use frozen and mix well.
- In a baking dish, prepared with baking paper, put the mixture divided into two parts. You’ll have a two disks about an inch thick each.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar and cut into eight pieces.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit before testing.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.