Madly in love with scones. They are my favorite treat and my favorite thing to prepare. This recipe is extra special because it does not have butter or oil, it is made with coconut milk. Here is the recipe and hope you like them to.
Perfectly delicious, vegan no oil, blueberry scones.
Vegan blueberry scones
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice milk almond or soy
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut whole milk full fat
- 1 cup blueberries
- extra sugar for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, rice milk or almond, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to powders. Mix well and give it time to integrate everything, you might want or need to use your hands.
- Add the blueberries, I use frozen and mix well.
- In a baking dish, prepared with baking paper, put the mixture divided into two parts. You'll have a two disks about an inch thick each.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar and cut into eight pieces.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit before testing.