This simple vegan broccoli soup is one of my favorite soups ever. This vegan creamy soup is delicious, easy and so comforting.
There are some flavors that I could never get tired of, there are flavors that have always been in my life and probably in many people’s life. Like this simple vegan broccoli soup, it is classic, simple, delicious, and very easy to prepare. I love this type of recipe that I know my kids will eat for sure and that I can have on the dinner table in a pinch.
And it is perfect because there are like “million” studies showing all the benefits and superpowers of bróccoli. Did you know that it is full of vitamins A, K and C? And that it is full of fiber? And that its superpowers protect us from cancer, having a bad heart, from weak bones, etc. I think it is worth eating, don’t you???
tips, tricks & other recipes
In this list, you will find the best tips and tricks on how to prepare the best vegan broccoli soup.
- This soup has only two main ingredients, onion, and broccoli. Buy the best ingredients that you can find. If you start with fresh and delicious ingredients you will end with a bowl of very, very tasty broccoli soup.
- When sauteing the onion in olive oil use low to medium heat. You just want the onion to be translucent, not browned or burned.
- You can saute the onion in large chunks, there is no need to cut it in small pieces. You will be blending the onion and soup together.
- You can add garlic and shallots or use instead of the onion. Anyway, this simple vegan soup will be delicious.
- When adding the vegetable broth or water, start by adding less of what you think you need. It is easier to thin out a soup than to fix a very liquidy one.
- You can blend this in a Vitamix or other high-speed blender or with an immersion blender . Both work as magic.
- To finish the soup, first, check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Then finish it with croutons, with a grilled cheese cut into small pieces, with nuts or seeds or some raw broccoli florets.
So here is the recipe for my
simple vegan broccoli soup
and if you want a fancier broccoli soup to try this broccoli soup with spinach and lemon croutons. I’m pretty sure you’ll love both of them. But back to this simple vegan broccoli soup…. if you make it post it on Instagram with the tag @piloncilloyvainilla and #piloncilloyvainilla so I can see what you did. I love to see your wonderful creations.
Save it on Pinterest if you want to prepare it later.
Simple vegan broccoli soup
- 1/2 white onion roughly chopped
- A drizzle of olive oil or another vegetable oil or a tablespoon of water
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- In a soup pot add the oil and add the onion for about 6-8 minutes until it is very soft and the edges begin to brown.
- Add the broccoli and water or vegetable stock, cover and leave over medium heat for about 15-20 min or until the broccoli is very soft.
- When done Add a pinch of salt and pepper and blend until creamy.
- Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.