This simple vegan broccoli soup is delicious, easy and so comforting.
There are some flavors that I could never get tired of, there are flavors that have always been in my life and probably in many many peoples life. Like this simple vegan broccoli soup, it is classic, simple, delicious, and very easy to prepare. I love this type of recipes that I know my kids will eat for sure and that I can have on the dinner table in a pinch.
And it is perfect because there are like “million” studies showing all the benefits and superpowers of bróccoli. Did you know that it is full of vitamin A, K and C? And that it is full of fiber? And that its superpowers protect us from cancer, having a bad heart, from weak bones, etc. I think it is worth eating, don’t you???
So here is the recipe for my
simple vegan broccoli soup
and if you want a fancier broccoli soup to try this broccoli soup with spinach and lemon croutons. I’m pretty sure you’ll love both of them. But back to this simple vegan broccoli soup…. if you make it post it on Instagram with the tag @piloncilloyvainilla and #piloncilloyvainilla so I can see what you did. I love to see your wonderful creations!
Simple vegan broccoli soup
- 1/2 white onion roughly chopped
- A drizzle of olive oil or another vegetable oil or a tablespoon of water
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- In a soup pot add the oil and add the onion for about 6-8 minutes until it is very soft and the edges begin to brown.
- Add the broccoli and water or vegetable stock, cover and leave over medium heat for about 15-20 min or until the broccoli is very soft.
- When done Add a pinch of salt and pepper and blend until creamy.
- Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.