This recipe for vegan ceviche tostadas is one of my favorite vegan Mexican recipes ever. It is very tasty and easy to prepare, 100% Mexican foodies approved.
Every summer as a kid we spent a lot of time on the beach. My parents loved to explore different places in Mexico, so every vacation was a different beach. The best part of all was that we got to taste all the food from different states from Mexico. Mexican food is so rich and flavorful every state has its own cuisine.
When traveling with my parents we always tried to eat where locals eat, not tourists, so we always got the most authentic food ever.
My parents even liked to meet with the fishermen and local farmers that prepared our food. They talked to them and learned about their lives and sometimes they even learned a recipe or two.
This recipe for vegan ceviche tostada is inspired in one of those trips. The huge difference is that the ones that I ate as a kid had fish. Yes, I wasn’t a vegan growing up. But the fish I ate a very long time ago was completely different from the one they sell on the grocery stores now and I didn’t know what I know now.
I love using the quinoa and the cauliflower together because they give ceviche the perfect texture in every bite. And with the crunchiness of the carrots and spiciness of the jalapeño chili pepper, this ceviche is a dream.
tips, tricks and other recipes
In this list you are going to find the best tips and tricks to make this vegan Mexican ceviche a total hit.
- There are many ways to prepare a good vegan ceviche, there is the mushroom ceviche, one made with hearts of palm, and all of them are incredibly delicious, but this quinoa and cauliflower ceviche is definitely my favorite.
- It comes together so quickly, and very fast is you have cooked quinoa in your fridge. A good tip is to every week, on Monday or Sunday, cook a good big batch of quinoa or brown rice or any other grain. That way, you have a starting base for a lot of dishes.
- When preparing this dish, I like to start by adding the chopped onion and the lime juice first. The lime juice will take away the spiciness of the red onion and will make the dish really flavorful.
- This recipe will be perfect on tostadas (hard corn tortillas that can be fried or baked), it is ideal stuff an avocado or a poblano chile.
- Here are other Mexican authentic recipes that will go perfectly well with this tostadas: guacamole with powers, salsa Verde, and chorizo tostadas.
This vegan ceviche tostada is made with a “ceviche” made with cauliflower, quinoa, carrots and other very Mexican flavors. So here is the recipe for these amazing vegan ceviche tostadas and I hope you like them. If you do please rate it with 5 stars and it. And, if you make them share on Pinterest o Instagram with the #piloncilloyvainilla so I can see it.
Vegan ceviche tostada
- 2 ½ cups raw and finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 ½ cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin oil olive
- 11/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 10 mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6-10 homemade or purchased corn tostadas
- Avocado slices
- Chop the cauliflower as small as you can. You could use a food processor and just pulse it.
- Put it in a large bowl and add the quinoa, onion, carrot, and slices of the jalapeño.
- In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice with olive oil and salt. Pour over the mixture of cauliflower and quinoa. Mix well. Add herbs, mix and test. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve on top of corn toast and finish it with slices of avocado.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.