Chilaquiles or nachos, you decide. Which one works better for you? If you want nachos use less salsa Roja and if you want chilaquiles use more. Perfect recipe for both dishes.
Use firm tofu and if you find NON-GMO, I find it best.
Chilaquiles or nachos
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 serrano chile
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of firm tofu 15 oz
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion very small
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can or 11/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 jalapeño slices
- 1 bag of corn tortillas tortilla chips or corn chips.
- In a skillet or griddle roast tomatoes, garlic (with skin) and serrano chile. When they are burned by all sides, blend with a teaspoon of salt. Taste the salsa for seasoning, adjust if necesary.
- Drain as much as you can the tofu and then crumble it. When no liquid remains add the onion and salt. Mix well.
- Place the chips in a bowl, top with the tofu and then the sauce.
- Finish with avocado, beans, cilantro, radishes and jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately.
Chips you could use to prepare your chilaquiles:
(contains affiliate links)