Did you think you would have to stop eating doughnuts while living a vegan lifestyle? If so, try this recipe for Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts that will impress you with its naturally sweet taste.
Why Make Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts?
When living a vegan lifestyle, it is easy to feel like you can no longer have some of the foods that you consumed before you made this dietary change. If you are craving doughnuts, you might think that you cannot have them, but this recipe proves otherwise. Making Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts is a simple process.
You will need simple ingredients, including flour, vegan chocolate chips, and cocoa . Along with simple ingredients, you will need a bit of spare time to mix your ingredients, shape your doughnuts, and prepare them. Make larger batches in advance and you will have doughnuts to eat for breakfast or a snack all week long.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make the Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts?
You will need specific ingredients to make the Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts. Be sure to get the following ingredients before you get started:
- Flour. Start with flour as the base for the doughnut dough.
- Cocoa . Add cocoa to give your dough a chocolate taste.
- Baking Powder. Use baking powder to ensure that your doughnuts cook to perfection for you.
- Maple Syrup. Give your doughnuts a sweeter taste using maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Vegan-Friendly Milk. Use dairy-free milk in your recipe to create your doughnut batter.
Other important ingredients to have include ground cinnamon, dark dairy-free chocolate chips, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and neutral taste oil.
Can I Add Extracts to the Doughnuts?
You can add extracts to your doughnuts to change the flavor of them. For example, if you like the taste of mint chocolate, you may want to add a bit of peppermint extract to your batter before you prepare your doughnuts.
Which Milk Is Best to Use to Make the Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts?
You will have several options when selecting the right milk to use to make your Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts. Coconut milk is a great dairy-free option that offers a slightly sweeter taste than some of the other options.
The flavor and consistency that it brings to the doughnut batter make it such a great choice. However, you have other options. If you do not want to use coconut milk, you can use soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
How to Store the Doughnuts
Once you prepare the Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts, allow them to cool down before attempting to store them. You can put them in a large food storage container, separating each doughnut with at least ½ an inch of space between them to keep them from sticking to one another.
If you store them on the countertop, the doughnuts will stay fresh for about two days. However, you can put them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for up to a week. It is a good idea to store the doughnuts in the fridge if you make a large batch and would like to eat at least one a day throughout the week.
Other recipes that you may like:
Vegan chocolate doughnut
- doughnut pan
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar I use rice or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients very well and empty the liquid ingredients.
- Put the mixture in the donut molds and bake for 15-20 minutes. When you put a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- CHOCOLATE COVER
- In a small saucepan put the coconut milk and chocolate, mix well. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, put on low heat and mix until everything is integrated and you can see the bottom of the pot.
- Put the donuts on a cooling rack and pour the chocolate into each one. Let the chocolate cool a bit before tasting.
- Finish the donuts with whatever you want.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.