These are the best vegan cinnamon rolls you’ll ever have. They are plant-based, homemade, and very easy to make. The recipe is adapted from the “Street Vegan” cookbook from Adam Sobel.
And there is nothing better in winter or during the weekends, well at least for me, than waking up a little later than normal and having a good cup of coffee, a homemade cinnamon roll, and a good book.
If you have always wondered how to make cinnamon rolls and you think it is difficult …
In this post, I tell you how to make vegan, soft, sweet, cinnamony, delicious cinnamon rolls. I made this vegan recipe and since the first time, I made them I knew I had a cinnamon roll recipe that I wanted to keep for life.
When you make cinnamon rolls at home, you can control everything. You can make cinnamon rolls just as you like them. I ‘m obsessed with cinnamon so my filling has a lot. You can also control the quality of the ingredients and the sweetness of the glace. Which I sometimes prepare and others don’t.
✎TIP How to make almond milk at home?
tips, tricks & other recipes
In this list, you will find some tricks and tips to make these vegan cinnamon rolls a hit in your home.
- First of all, although these cinnamon rolls are very easy to make, if it is the first time that you work with yeast, do not be discouraged if they do not come out.
- Make sure your ingredients are measured in an exact way and be precise with the times it takes for the dough to rise.
- Add the amount of cinnamon you want to the filling mixture. I love it with a lot of cinnamon and make sure to cover from end to end the dough.
- When you stretch the dough try to get a rectangle, so it is easier to roll the dough and you do not have any strange peaks on the edges.
- When you cut them, cut the vegan rolls into equal pieces, measuring the same width. This makes every roll rise more or less the same so they have even cooking times.
- Choose a large pan to put the cinnamon rolls, a rectangular pyrex pan is perfect. Thus they have room to grow without overflowing.
- Making the frosting is totally optional. There are times that I do it and there are other times that I don’t.
- Here are other vegan breakfast recipes that are the best to eat before or with these cinnamon rolls:
So here is the recipe for these
vegan cinnamon rolls
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups of almond milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil and I use avocado oil
- 2 packages of instant yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 ½ cups wheat flour that is not bleached or enriched
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
For the filling
- ¼ cup vegan butter or coconut or vegetable oil
- ¼ brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- In a pot, heat the milk and oil, leaving them at room temperature, 90º F or so.
- Put this mixture in a large bowl and sprinkle the yeast and sugar on top. Leave for 5 minutes or until you see the yeast activate.
- Add the flour and beat in the mixer with the dough hook for a minute and a half or so.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and leave for an hour or until it is twice the size.
- When it’s done, add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix super well until everything is fully integrated.
- Roll out the dough until it is about half a centimeter. Add the melted vegan oil or butter.
- In a separate bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle it on top of the rolled dough.
- Roll the dough until you have a log left. Cut it into pieces of roughly equal thickness. And put them well apart on a baking sheet.
- Let them rise a second time, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. In the meantime make the icing, mix the mixture very well. Bathe them when they come out of the oven.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.