This vegan creamy salsa verde is a typical and authentic salsa from Mexico. This sauce is used in tacos, fried quesadillas, with corn tortilla chips, etc. The ingredients of this sauce are raw and you prepare it in less than 15 minutes.
Ingredients for creamy salsa verde recipe with avocado
- Onion. White or yellow onion works best here.
- Cilantro. Use fresh cilantro with bright green leaves; choose a bunch that smells amazing. You can use the stems for this recipe, too; there are tons of flavor and magic in the stems.
- Avocado. Use ripe but firm avocados. The avocado is our fat in the salsa verde; it makes it creamy, so you must choose an avocado at its point.
- Chile serrano. If you cannot find serrano peppers, you can use fresh chile de Arbol or jalapeño peppers without any problem.
- Tomatillos. Choose fresh tomatillos that still have their husk on. They must be firm, and if you peel them a little bit and the skin is sticky, it is better. When you get home, peel them and wash them thoroughly.
- Salt. Use sea salt or kosher salt.
How to make creamy salsa verde?
Making a creamy, authentic Mexican salsa verde is the easiest thing in the world, really. All you have to do is put all the ingredients in the blender, turn it on and taste it. A few tips to make it perfect for you are:
- Raw onion. Start adding the onion little by little; sometimes, the onion is powerful and can overshadow the rest of the ingredients.
- Spiciness. This creamy green sauce recipe uses serrano chilis. If you want it to be less spicy, you can use jalapeño peppers or remove the veins and seeds from the serrano peppers.
- Blending. If your blender is not very powerful, chop the ingredients into large pieces and add a tablespoon or two water. This will make your blender run smoothly.
- How to make it extra creamy? When you want your sauces or vegetable soups or smoothies to be very creamy, the trick is to start blending at a low speed and gradually increase the speed until you reach the consistency that you like.
- How to save it? This green salsa verde is best when you use it immediately, and it cannot be frozen. But, if you have extra salsa, store it in a tightly closed container and save in the refrigerator; this sauce lasts about three days.
How to use this creamy avocado salsa verde?
I have to tell you that this sauce reminds me of my childhood, when I was a girl and lived in Mexico City and we traveled by road, there was always a restaurant or place with Mexican food, street food. The food they served were fried quesadillas, sopes or tacos and there was always this creamy avocado sauce. Here are some amazing Mexican vegan dishes where you could use this creamy salsa verde recipe:
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for this creamy salsa verde with avocado and I hope you like it as much as we do. In my house there is always some kind of Mexican salsa ready in the refrigerator, and this is one of my favorites. When you make the sauce, take a picture of it and share it on FB or Instagram. If you are going to do it then save it on Pinterest. It would be amazing if you gave it 5 stars ✨to this recipe and if you left me a comment or question, I will gladly answer you.
Creamy avocado salsa verde
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 white or yellow onion
- 1 serrano pepper
- 5 to matillos
- pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend little by little until it has a creamy consistency.
- Salt test, adjust if necessary.
Chop the ingredients into large pieces so that they blend better.
It is better to eat the green sauce immediately, if it is left over, keep it in a tightly closed container and in the refrigerator for three days.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.