This roasted veggies salad recipe with vegan honey-mustard dressing is easy, nutritious and perfect for this season.
I’m madly in love with this vegan honey-mustard dressing it goes perfectly well with everything and makes this salad AMAZING. It is very easy to prepare and keeps in the fridge for over a week! Perfect right?
You can prepare this salad with vegan honey mustard dressing with any grain or roasted vegetable you like; I just feel this combination is beautiful in presentation and delicious in flavor.
Wait…do you know farro?
What is farro?
Farro is ancient wheat grain high in protein and in fiber. I has a nutty flavor, chewy texture, it is very versatile and it’s downright delicious.
And yes, because of the nutty flavor and chewy texture of the farro, this is a perfect combination for the soft texture and sweet flavor of the sweet potatoes. And the crunchiness of the roasted red onion, hazelnuts and dressing make this salad a HUGE FLAVOR BOMB!
And probably you don’t feel like in the mood for a salad during the cooler weather… but this is kind of perfect for fall and winter. It is so good and easy to eat you can even eat it warm.
The kale and the red cabbage will wilt a bit after you put the warm farro and roasted veggies on top, don’t worry. Kale is a sturdier green so it won’t’ be mushy and completely wilted. The texture will be perfect and I promise you will still love it.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- You can double or triple the dressing. Keep it in the fridge and add it to everything you feel needs an extra touch of YUMMINESS.
- When roasting the sweet potatoes or any vegetable, cut them in similar sizes so they can be ready at the same time.
- If you have vegetables that will roast at different times, let’s say asparagus and potatoes use two different baking sheets or divide one large in half. This way you and take out of the oven the cooked veggies and put back right in the oven the ones that are not done.
- I use hazelnuts because I am a total nut fan and love to switch them up here. You can use walnuts, pecans, pinenuts, whatever you have in hand.
- Here are other of my favorite recipes: plant-based dressing Caesar salad, the best kale salad, roasted sweet potatoes with Latin homemade spice mix, taco salad, baked green beans with fake aioli.
So here is the recipe for this delicious
VEGAN HONEY-MUSTARD IN PERFECT ROASTED VEGGIES SALAD
and I hope you like it. If you do please share, the recipe, and the blog. It would be also super cool if you could share your finished salad on Instagram or Facebook. I would looooove to see your dish! 🙂 Tag me with @piloncilloyvainilla or use #piloncilloyvainilla in your post so I can find you.
If you want to make it later.. save it on Pinterest.
Autumn salad with “honey-mustard” dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup farro uncooked you can use rice or other grain
- 3 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon neutral taste oil I use avocado
- 2 1/2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 4 handfuls of greens or sliced purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts roasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread the diced sweet potatoes and sliced onion on a pan. Drizzle with olive oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer and roast for about 35-40 min or until cooked and golden.
- Boil farro in three cups of water with a pinch of salt for 15-20 minutes. When the farro is cooked, drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary and set aside.
- To assemble the salad set a bed of greens on a serving dish, then add a layer of farro or the grain you are using, then the roasted vegetables add the hazelnuts and finish with the “honey-mustard” dressing.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.