This autumn salad recipe with vegan honey-mustard dressing is easy, nutritious and perfect for this season.
I’m madly in love with this vegan honey-mustard dressing it goes perfectly well with everything and makes this salad AMAZING. It is very easy to prepare and keeps in the fridge for over a week! Perfect right?
You can prepare this salad with any grain or roasted vegetable you like; I just feel this combination is beautiful in presentation and delicious in flavor. The nutty flavor and chewy texture of the farro, are a perfect combination of the soft texture and sweet flavor of the sweet potatoes. And do not forget the crunchiness of the roasted red onion… it really it is the bomb!
Related content: Taco salad
And probably you don’t feel like in the mood for a salad during the cooler weather… but this is kind of perfect for fall. The colors, the vegetables and you could even eat it warm. The kale and the red cabbage will wilt a bit after you put the warm farro and roasted veggies but it will still taste amazing. The texture will be perfect and I promise you will still love it.
Related content: Healthy Vegan Cesar Salad
So here is the recipe for this delicious
Autumn salad with vegan honey-mustard dressing
and I hope you like it. If you do please share, the recipe, and the blog. I would be also super cool if you could share with me your finished salad on Instagram or Facebook. I would looooove to see your dish! 🙂 Tag me with @piloncilloyvainilla or use #piloncilloyvainilla in your post so I can find you.
Autumn salad with "honey-mustard" dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup farro uncooked you can use rice or other grain
- 3 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon neutral taste oil I use avocado
- 2 1/2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 4 handfuls of greens or sliced purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts roasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread the diced sweet potatoes and sliced onion on a pan. Drizzle with olive oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer and roast for about 35-40 min or until cooked and golden.
- Boil farro in three cups of water with a pinch of salt for 15-20 minutes. When the farro is cooked, drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary and set aside.
- To assemble the salad set a bed of greens on a serving dish, then add a layer of farro or the grain you are using, then the roasted vegetables add the hazelnuts and finish with the "honey-mustard" dressing.