This recipe for vegan lentil loaf with tomato glaze is one of the friendliest recipes ever to start a vegan diet or a meatless day.
This recipe is so easy to make and it is very “flavor friendly”. Probably this term does not exist at all, but I just can’t find the words to describe how every body likes this vegan lentil meatloaf.
Thank goodness I learned how to take food pictures. This way I can really show you what I mean with images. I’m not the best with words but sometimes (or in my case almost always) an image speaks for
And it took me a while to learn the tips and tricks of food photography. I have read a lot, I have been taking tons of courses and been practicing and practicing since I started the blog. Take a look at the image down here.
Yes, I know
But I will let you know about that later. So coming back to this recipe….It is so healthy, delicious, full of good things for us and it comes together really fast
it is like the perfect comfort food. So here is the recipe for this
vegan lentil loaf with tomato glaze
Vegan lentil loaf with amazing tomato glaze
- 2 cups uncooked lentils or 4 cups of cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion half cup or so, minced
- 2 celery stalks half cup or so
- 2 chopped carrots half cup or so
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato paste or ketchup
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Boil 2 cups lentils in 5 cups of water. Leave them until tender.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the onion, celery and carrot as small as possible. I use the food processor and press several times until they are minced.
- In a pan add olive oil to heat and add the vegetables with a good pinch of salt.
- When they are already beginning to brown add the garlic. Leave it for about 10 min.
- Add the lentils with the remaining ingredients and cooked vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture into a loaf pan, if it is not the mold that you're going to serve it, line it with parchment paper.
- Press it with a spoon, until firm and tight.
- To prepare the glaze, just mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon over the lentil-loaf and bake.
- Put it in the oven for 30-45 min. until golden and feels firm.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.