I know that the title for this recipe, vegan Mexican chicken soup, does not make sense at all. But stay with me, let me tell you about this Mexican comfort and healing soup. Trust, me one spoonful will make you feel better.
This is the Mexican soup is the soup that every mom will give its kids when sick. I remember coming from school and seeing a huge pot of soup on the stove and asking myself who was sick. Now, for me, this vegan Mexican chicken soup is total comfort food, I prepare it for the days that I need a cozy meal, very cold days or the days that we will all have hectic schedules.
The original “Mexican caldo de pollo” recipe is made the same way but they add a piece of poultry to cook with the vegetables. The main difference with this version for vegan “caldo de pollo” is that I do not add the chicken. Other than that it is exactly the same.
All of the flavors and good for this vegan Mexican soup come from the vegetables and the crazy good toppings at the end.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- This vegan Mexican chicken soup or vegan “caldo de pollo” is the easiest Mexican recipe you will ever cook. I mean, if you call adding everything to a stockpot “cooking”.
- Take this recipe as a base. From there you can add anything that you want. We usually eat it with rice, but If you feel like adding pasta, do so. Or maybe you want to add navy beans or chickpeas, go ahead.
- Also, if you have a stomach bug you can eat this and will feel great but do not add the jalapeño at the end. But if you have a cold, the jalapeño slices could help a bit.
- Make this recipe yours and add all the vegetables that you like or have on hand. It will taste very good anyway.
- Here are other vegan Mexican recipes and I hope you like them as much as I do: Enchiladas, Vegan tortilla soup, one pan sheet fajitas, posole and this recipe for lentil picadillo tacos.
So here is the recipe for this
vegan mexican chicken soup
and I hope you like it as much as I do. please let me know what you think of it. How you served it and don’t forget to take a picture of it so I can see it. Share on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Vegan Mexican chicken soup
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch green beans
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 ears corn
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 zucchini
- Pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped onion
- Sliced jalapeño
- Diced avocado
- brown rice
- Wash, peel (if needed) and chop in large chunks all the vegetables.
- Add them all to a stockpot, cover three-thirds of the vegetables with water, add the salt and pepper. Cover and cook until all of the vegetables are tender but still hold their form, about 20 min.
- Serve with steamed brown rice, freshly squeezed lime juice, finely chopped onion, and jalapeño slices.