Do you know
Migas are usually made with onions, diced corn tortillas, a
We normally had them for breakfast during the weekends. now at home, I make them also for breakfast during the weekends but vegan. Yes, I make vegan
I use extra firm tofu and follow the exact same process as the original recipe. The idea is to let the onions brown and the corn tortillas really get crispy and brown on the edges.
Tofu, for me, is like a blank canvas, it absorbs the flavor you add to it. So imagine the flavors… onions, corn tortillas,… and if you serve this vegan
Tips and tricks for buying and cooking tofu
- Try buying organic tofu.
- Always make sure it is NON-GMO
- For this recipe, I like the firm or extra-firm one.
- Drain the liquid before cooking and pat dry with paper towels
- If you like a more dense texture, freeze the tofu and thaw thoroughly before using it.
- I like to crumble my tofu in a large strainer. This helps to get rid of the extra tofu.
So, for this
And you serve them with Mexican salsa verde or with delicious creamy jalapeño sauce (click on the link to see the video). You can also serve them with jalapeño peppers or plain. You’re really going to love this breakfast. So here is the recipe for these
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil I use avocado oil.
- 1 white onion or medium purple sliced into thin slices
- 6 corn tortillas cut into small pieces
- 6-7 oz. Of extra firm tofu drained and crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Mexican green sauce to serve
- In a pan over medium-high heat put the oil and the onion. When transparent, put the pieces of tortilla and reduce the heat a little.
- Leave for about 10 minutes or until the onion begins to brown and the tortillas are beginning to crisp.
- Add the crumbled tofu, a good pinch of salt and continue to brown until the tofu and tortillas are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with green sauce.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.