This is one of my favorite baked goods recipe ever, vegan strawberry scones. They are perfect for breakfast or a cup of tea in the afternoon.
We live very close to a strawberry and blueberry farm. This is a beautiful place full of really old oaks, animals and tons of outdoor areas where the kids can play. We took the kids a few years ago during the strawberry harvest season to learn about harvesting berries and the different varieties there are. In this farm, they have up to 6 different types.
We harvested more than seven pounds. The kids were so excited picking and picking strawberries that it was hard to make them stop. When we got in the car I started dreaming about all the recipes I was going to prepare with strawberries. I was thinking of salads, ice cream, pies, scons, … but we ate and ate strawberries on our way home. When we got back we only had about half the strawberries.
But at least I had enough to prepare these vegan strawberry scones. I love scones, so any vegan scone recipe that I find I always make it. I love this recipe because it is effortless to make and you could also use overripe strawberries.
Here are other strawberry recipes that I love:
- Strawberry and hibiscus margaritas
- This quinoa salad with avocado and strawberries is like having summer in a bowl
- My kids never resist to these strawberry and hibiscus paletas
- Or these muffins are also AMAZING
So here id the recipe for these
vegan strawberry scones
and I hope you like them as much as we do. If you do, please share the recipe on Instagram, Fb or save it for later on Pinterest. Wait, wait… and if you make it don
Vegan Strawberry Scones
- 2 cups of flour all-purpose
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat 350 ° F oven and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the powders (flour, sugar, salt and baking powdeand pulse for 3 to 4 times.
- Add the coconut oil and pulse again. The consistency that you are looking for is as if it were wet sand (little stones). If you see that there is loose flour in the bottom of the processor bowl, press it again until everything is well integrated. If you hold the mixture between two fingers, it should stay together.
- When ready, put it in a separate bowl and carefully stir the strawberries.Do it slowly so they do not break apart.
- When all the strawberries are well covered by the previous mixture, pour the milk and vanilla slowly. Mix very slowly until the dough does not stick to the edges of the bowl and is all integrated.
- Put the dough on a tray and form a disk about one inch thick. With a knife divided it into 8 pieces and separte them. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or so or until you put a toothpick in the center of the bread and come out clean.