You will not believe how easy it is to make this recipe for vegan stuffed shells with ricotta and spinach. I promise you that when you read this recipe, you’ll be amazed. The best thing about it is that it will always turn out good and be a show topper if you serve it at home or take it to a friend’s house.
INGREDIENTS you will need
- Tomato sauce, marinara sauce. It can be store-bought tomato sauce or homemade tomato sauce.
- Jumbo pasta shells, the Barilla brand is good and if you want a gluten-free pasta, this from the Jovial brand is good.
- Ricotta cheese, I use homemade tofu ricotta cheese.
- Spinach, you can use frozen spinach or homecooked spinach. It is easier and faster to use frozen ones.
- Mozzarella cheese or other cheese that melts. I use the Violife brand that it’s vegan.
HOW TO MAKE THEse STUFFED PASTA SHELLS?
- Cook the pasta as it says on the package. When I make pasta that will go into the oven, I usually cook it al dente, a minute or 30 seconds before it is just right. This will help it to keep its shape in the oven.
- Prepare a baking pan with a good slather of tomato sauce.
- Fill each pasta shell with a tablespoon or two of vegan tofu ricotta and place it on top of the marinara sauce.
- Once all the shells are stuffed, add 1 tablespoon of spinach to each shell.
- Finish with grated cheese and put in the oven until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.
Tips and tricks to make the perfect dish
- Check the seasoning of your ricotta cheese and your marinara sauce, and don’t forget to cook the pasta in salty water.
- This recipe is perfect for adding more vegetables to the sauce or the filling of the pasta shells. You can add carrot, cauliflower, or even pumpkin puree.
- Serve this dish with a vegan caesar salad or a green leafy salad with a simple vinaigrette.
- It is also incredible with lentil ragout (if you want to add more vegan protein) or vegetable ragu.
If you’re going to do them later, save them on Pinterest. It would also be incredible to give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas, also put them there.
VEGAN STUFFED SHELLS
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 3 cups tomato sauce or one jar of store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 2 cups seasoned ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozarella cheese I use vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the pasta following directions of the package.
- Prepare the baking dish with a good layer of marinara sauce.
- Scoop a couple of tablespoons of ricotta cheese into the shells, then divide the spinach among all the shells.
- Finish with the mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.