A vegan whipped cream; this coconut whipped cream is super easy to make and is perfect to finish any drink or dessert. Can you imagine a chocolate pie with a dollop of whipped cream? Or hot chocolate?
This whipped cream will give that special touch to any dessert or drink that you put it on. The best thing is that it is ready in 10 minutes when you have a refrigerated can of coconut milk. But let me tell you how this vegan whipped cream is made.
How do you make vegan whipped cream?
Ingredients you need
- Can of coconut milk. It is important that the coconut milk you use is full fat and not low-fat. In the end, what we are looking for is the rich cream (which is the one that contains the most fat) to be able to whip and fluff it. The brand I like the most is Whole Foods or Native Forest. My recommendation would be that you buy from different brands and try until you get to the brand that you like the most.
- Vanilla. You can use vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, or vanilla powder. I have made it with all of them and all work.
- Maple syrup. If you don’t have maple syrup you can use agave syrup.
Steps to make the coconut whipped cream
- You have to chill the coconut milk for three hours to overnight. It is best to leave at least 3 hours. By chilling it, the liquid and the cream (fat) will separate.
- Open the can and carefully, with a spoon, remove the thick and white part: the cream. Put the cream in a large bowl. Please do not throw the liquid away; you can save it and use it later.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup to the cream.
- Whisk vigorously until fluffy and peaks form.
💡TIPS & TRICKS ➡︎ Use this homemade whipped cream to finish the apple galette, chocolate pie, hot chocolate or a chocolate mousse. ➡︎ The water that remains in the can do not throw it away, you can use it to make smoothies, soups or even sauces. ➡︎ This coconut whipped cream can be stored in the refrigerator if you have any leftovers. When you are going to use it again, beat it a little to make it fluff up again. ➡︎ I make it by hand with a kitchen whisk, but if you want you can make it with a stand or hand mixer.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for coconut whipped cream, vegan whipped cream, and I hope you finish many desserts with a huge dollop of it and give many bites of happiness and sweet moments to all your loved ones. When you make the cream, please take a photo of it and share it on Instagram or FB for all of us to see it.
If you’re going to do it later, save it on Pinterest, so you have the recipe on hand. It would also be incredible if you left your comments, doubts, or ideas here below, in the comments section.
Vegan whipped cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk refrigerated for two hours or overnight
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the coconut cream, open the can and with a spoon remove the cream, the thickest part, and put it in the bowl of a mixer or a bowl.
- The liquid, do not throw it away, use it later to make a smoothie or something else.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whisk vigorously or with a hand mixer until fluffy. If you have any leftover whipped cream, store it in a jar in the refrigerator.
The nutritional information of this recipe and of all on the page is approximate. Exact values are not guaranteed.
Here’s my Instagram, send me a dm if you have a burning question.