Don’t you love pasta? This vegetable ragu is perfect for a romantic dinner or a family meal.
Don’t you have days that you feel like having a date with your partner? I know that for those days, the ideal thing is to go out. To have someone cook you dinner, and not have to do anything at home. But those days can also be a bit crazy, thousands of people going out to restaurants, and some days it is better to stay in.
Pasta is always a good idea for these days, right? It’s so romantic. I love this vegetable ragu recipe because despite being super simple, it contains ingredients that give the taste a total B-O-O-M and it makes us feel like we’re in the best Italian restaurant in the world.
Also, it’s one of those recipes that you make once and learn it by heart. This vegetable ragu is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Below you’ll find the recipe that I used, and you will see that it is super easy.
You will be able to cook it a lot… even for all your loved ones. It’s like in the movies when one cooks with a glass of wine in front of the other, and then they sit down to eat at a table with candles … Don’t you think???
Hahaha… sounds good, right???
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”xpRtDTUn” upload-date=”2019-12-12T20:31:27.000Z” name=”Ragu vegano / Veggie ragu” description=”Esta receta de pasta de ragu de verduras es una receta que te prometo te vas a aprender de memoria. Es uan receta perfecta para todo, para cena de amigos o cena romántica.
” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
Tips, tricks &other recipes:
- You can prepare the sauce and freeze it for later.
- This vegetable ragu recipe can be doubled very easy. You can use half and freeze the rest for later.
- Another good idea is to portion the sauce and freeze it. That way you can just thaw one or as many portions that you need.
- I like to add the pasta, straight from the cooking pot to the sauce, that way I a little bit of pasta cooking water gets into the sauce and makes it delicious.
- Serve this pasta with a vegan Ceasar salad.
Below you’ll find the recipe for this
vegan vegetable ragu
Hopefully, it will help you to prepare a romantic dinner and for many more days of special occasions or even when you’re just craving a good bowl of pasta. If you like the recipe, please share it! Share it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
- 1 1 lb package of spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small chopped carrot
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ chopped medium onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- ½ – ¾ cup of red wine
- 1 can of 28 oz San Marzano tomato in pieces or mashed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt or more if necessary
- In a pot/pan put the olive oil over medium heat, add the vegetables with a pinch of salt and leave them there until they are soft and begin to brown a bit. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the red wine and peel off the bits that stuck in the bottom of the pot. Leave the wine for 2 or 3 minutes or until it has almost evaporated.
- Add the tomato, the parsley and lower the heat, let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as it says on the package. When ready, with a pair of bread tongs, remove it little by little, letting the water drain a little and put it directly in the saucepan. If you think the sauce is very watery, do not worry, it will be absorbed. On the other hand, if you feel that the sauce is a bit dry, add about half a cup of pasta water (where the pasta was cooked).
- Finish with a little olive oil, fresh parsley and sea salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.