I know it is Wednesday and usually posts recipes Monday and Thursday but on Friday I have to give a special notice on the blog and I chose not to skip a day (Thursday) and post three times this week.
For “years” I’ve been promising to teach a friend how to prepare spring rolls and for one reason or another, I haven’t been able to do so. So I decided to post the recipe on the blog. Here comes the summer and could not help but share this recipe of spring rolls with almond sauce, which is perfect for hot weather.
This is a super basic version and takes only fresh vegetables; I promise gradually I´ll show some with rice, noodles, tofu, etc. I wanted to start with the super basic recipe because at first, it is a little bit difficult to handle rice papers.
When you learn how to handle them, they become a breeze, even the children have helped me prepare them. This time I added spinach, carrots (grated are best), cucumber, avocado, and mint.
Rice papers come firm and need to soften, they need to be put in hot water for 5-10 seconds. What I do, is fill a bowl with hot water, not burning, and soak one at a time until smooth. When soft I put them on a damp cloth (this step is very important, if not they stick and it becomes difficult to roll) and extend well.
After adding the filling in the center, do not fill much, it is best to start small. To make the roll imagine you are rolling a burrito. First, bend the top part inward. Bend down and then up. Then starting from the left side, begin to roll tucking the vegetables to make it firm.
In the end, only a small part of rice paper is left on the right side. Just rolled in the opposite direction. When you have all of them ready you can cut in half and sprinkle them with black sesame or the normal one.
The sauce for dipping is very simple, just mix all ingredients well. Ahhhh, I hope you like it and that I have explained it well to prepare them !! Please, if yes, share the recipe or if you have a question I will be happy to answer, send me an email or a Facebook message, for sure I will reply.
Vegetable spring rolls with almond sauce
- 1 package rice paper
- 1 carrot grated or in strips
- 1 peeled cucumber and cut into strips
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 handles spinach
- 10 mint leaves shredded
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons almond cream unsweetened
- 2 cucucharadas soy sauce or tamari
- 1-11 / 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cucaharadita of siracha sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons warm water
- Prepare the vegetables.
- On an extended bowl add warm water (a little more than lukewarm) and soak the rice paper until pliable.
- Place it on a damp cloth and fill it with vegetables. Roll bending inward the upper part and the part below. Then, starting with the left side start rolling slowly like a burrito.
- To make the sauce mix all ingredients well and testing. Check it out for seasoning, if you need more soy sauce, lemon etc. Make it delicious.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.