These homemade waffles are the perfect breakfast for a delicious and nutritious start of the day, have them ready in the fridge or freezer. This is an easy recipe, perfect for the whole family, it is vegan and very easy to make.
WHY ARE YOU GOING TO Love THESE VEGAN WAFFLES?
You will like this recipe for homemade waffles because it is very easy to make because you know exactly what ingredients they have because they have a neutral flavor so you can top them with all of your favorite ingredients. They are delicious with Maple syrup, berry chia jam, almond butter (I like homemade almond butter), or homemade chocolate peanut butter.
The best thing is that other than being delicious they are perfect to have in the freezer or refrigerator so that you always have a perfect and nutritious breakfast.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE WAFFLES AT HOME
- Rice milk or alomond milk
- Apple cider vinegar, I use Braggs brand apple cider vinegar . If you don’t have a good apple cider vinegar that has nutritional powers, you can use lemon juice.
- Oil, it can be oil with a neutral flavor, coconut oil or even olive oil. If you want you could also substitute for butter or margarine.
- Sugar, I like to use cane sugar, but any other sweetener works fine.
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Chia, chia is totally optional, waffles and pancakes are an excellent option to add seeds and nuts.
HOW TO MAKE WAFFLES AT HOME?
- Heat your waffle maker as instructed.
- Measure the wet ingredients and set aside. If the milk curdles a little, do not panic, it is normal.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and chia. Mix well and make a hole in the center. Pour out the milk and oil. Mix very well. It should be a thick mix.
- Start making the waffles, but first check if it is necessary to ol in the waffle iron so that the waffles don’t stick.
TIPS AND IDEAS TO MAKE AND SERVE THEM
- Before making the waffles, review the instructions of your waffle maker and learn how it works before makeing the waffles.
- Heat the waffle iron and put oil or butter on it so they don’t stick. I always oil it even though mine is a non-stick iron.
- I served these waffles with cherry orange juice and chia jam. I like to make these types of sauces so that children eat more fruit without realizing it.
- In the end I finished them with chopped pistachios. Finish up with whatever you have at home, it can be maple syrup, homemade jam or peanut butter.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT THEM?
Storing these waffles is very easy and you can store them in the freezer or refrigerator. You can store them in silicone bags or glass containers . The important thing is that you let them cool before storing them so they won’t stick.
To reheat them, you can put them in a skillet or put them in the toaster oven to make them crisp and delicious. You can also heat them in the microwave but they will not be crispy, they will be soft.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for these homemade waffles, which is a vegan recipe, easy to make, and with superfoods. When you make the recipe please take a photo of it and post it on Instagram or FB for me to see. It would also be amazing if you saved it on Pinterest to make it later. Leave me your comments, questions, and ideas in the comments section. Don’t forget to give it 5 stars.
Vegan homemade waffles served with cherry orange and chia jam
- Waffle maker
- 2 cups rice or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil neutral taste
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia
Cherry orange chia jam
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- chopped pistachios
- Heat your waffle iron as instructed.
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and chia. Mix well and make a well in the center. Empty the milk mixture and oil. Mix well. It must be a thick mixture.
- Start making waffles, but first check if it is necessary to put a little bit of oil in the waffle iron to prevent sticking.
- While the waffles are ready, put the cherries in a saucepan with the orange juice, chia and sugar. Let them over medium heat until thawed and the liquid evaporates a little.
- To serve each waffle add a spoonful of cherries on the top, natural maple syrup and chopped pistachios.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe appeared first on BrownSugar&Vanilla in August 2015.