I´m really madly in love with vacations, I love them and probably the part I love the most is having a delicious and easy going breakfast. The kind of breakfast that you totally forget what time is it and how long you’ve been sitting down eating delicious food. The kind of breakfast that when you realize what time is it, it is almost lunch time.
And all the waffles that we didn’t eat I left them aside to cool so I could freeze them later. But ….. they disappeared!
When I prepare waffles I like to do a lot. It really makes a difference for me to have homemade waffles in the freezer instead of store bought ones.
It has always been a struggle for me to know that the store bought waffles have been packed for years or months in a plastic bag and then in a box. Think about it, it is kind of nasty, don’t you think?
I do not like to eat or give things to my kids that I’m not sure what are they made of. And over the years I have been reading tons of articles where it says how al the chemicals act in our body, for example, BPA.
That is why, here I give you my recipe for homemade waffles.
Waffles with cherries and chia
- 2 cups rice or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil neutral taste
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon royal
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 3 cups frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- pistachios into pieces to serve
- Heat your waffle iron as instructed.
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar, set aside. The idea is that milk curdles a little, do not panic.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and chia. Mix well and make a well in the center. Empty the milk mixture and oil. Mix well. It must be a thick mixture.
- Start making waffles, but first check if it is necessary to put a little bit of oil in the waffle iron to prevent sticking.
- While the waffles are ready, put the cherries in a saucepan with the orange juice. Let them over medium heat until thawed and the liquid evaporates a little.
- To serve each waffle add a spoonful of cherries on the top, natural maple syrup and chopped pistachios.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.