This watermelon salad is one of my favorite salads of all time. Have you ever tried watermelon prepared in a salad or prepared like this?
We are dying of heat down here!!!! What about you? It’s impressive that we are already in mid-summer and the weather feels just as hot as it did in the beginning. It’s ok though; I’m enjoying the summer and eating all the seasonal foods I love, like watermelon. In my house, the children and I eat watermelon all day long (Did you know that a cup of watermelon has less than 45 calories??).
It’s delicious, fresh, super juicy, and it’s full of vitamin C, B, and A. It has many minerals and is perfect for rehydrating these days.
You have to try this salad; it’s delicious. And look, if you aren’t down to eat this salad yet, you should try eating watermelon with a pinch of salt on top. And then you slowly add up the other ingredients. Like the lemon and salt, and you go little by little until you’re ready to try this watermelon salad.
I have a pretty big watermelon obsession at the moment. Watermelon isn’t only delicious, but it also rehydrates us in this tremendous summer heat or after working out.
Anyways, here’s the recipe to this delicious watermelon salad. I know I say that for every recipe but it’s true, haha!!!!! You’ll see, it goes well with falafels, or sandwiches, grilled veggies or a Mediterranean hummus.
So here is the recipe for this
and I hope you love it as much as I do, and don’t forget to post your creation on Instagram. I love being able to see what you guys make!! Also, be sure to share this recipe with others on Facebook or save it for later on Pinterest.
- 6 cups of watermelon diced
- 1/4 of red onion thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil julienned
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Mix the almonds with one tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Put them in the toaster oven or a pan to roast a bit for about 5 min.
- The almonds are ready when they start to release their aroma. Be careful not to burn them.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil, season with salt.
- In a large bowl mix the watermelon (being careful), with basil, serrano pepper, onion.
- Add the lemon and olive oil dressing. Serve and finish it with the roasted almonds and a pinch of salt.