In Mexico, quesadillas can be made with everything; they do not have to have cheese in them. That’s why these quesadillas without cheese, white bean and kale vegan quesadillas, and kale have become my favorite recipes for vegan quesadillas.
White bean and kale vegan quesadillas with avocado and so much yumminess you’ll never miss the cheese.
I think I’ve mentioned before that we don’t eat cheese at home or any other dairy product. We adopted this new way of eating when Santiago was born, and it’s been great for the whole family.
Anyway, probably you are wondering how these white bean and kale quesadillas will taste right? Well, they are full of good stuff and are flavorful and delicious, and all sans the cheese. They are super tasty, good for you and so easy to make that I just had to share this recipe.
This recipe is an excellent back to school quick snack/meal in case you lose track of time and all of a sudden you have a kitchen full of hungry children …. and who are looking at you expectantly. They are super quick to make, and you can even serve them as lunch or dinner. I made these white bean and kale vegan quesadillas with gluten-free flour tortillas. This is the brand that I use. You can also use any other kind of tortilla you want or even eat it on top of brown rice or a piece of toast to change it up a bit.
Anyway, you’ll end up preparing an amazing quesadilla.
To make these quesadillas, you put onion, white beans (either canned or homemade) or navy beans, and kale. You add a little salt, cayenne pepper, and lime juice. You’ll need avocado to dress up the quesadillas and… YUM!!! Be prepared to make a lot of them because they go fast. I usually have to double the recipe because my kids devour them.
Here is the recipe for these
white bean and kale vegan quesadillas
and I hope you like it, if so, please share it and my blog as well. Also, please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for dishes you might want to experiment with and if so send me a message via Facebook, Instagram, email or use the comment section.
White bean and kale vegan quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other neutral flavor oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 1 can of white beans navy beans or 11/2 of white beans cooked at home
- 2 cups or more of kale washed and cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 avocado sliced
- 6-8 gluten-free or normal flour tortillas
- In a pan put the tablespoon of oil and onions or shallots. When they are beginning to brown, between five and seven minutes add the white beans.
- Then the pieces of kale, the salt and the pinch of cayenne.
- When the kale is cooked, and the onions or shallot are golden brown add the lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Heat the tortillas, spread some avocado on one side and two-three of the white bean mixture. Fold or top with another tortilla.
- Split each quesadilla into fourths or halves.