This citrus salad is perfect to eat during winter; really, you got to believe me… I promise.
Especially in winter because in this season citrus fruits are delicious and the truth is, it’s the perfect way to start your meal. I love the combinations of colors, textures, and flavors. This time I made the salad with orange, grapefruit, romaine lettuce and a walnut dressing. Yes, this is a citrus salad with greens and walnuts, and you have to try it. Other times I have made it with two types of orange or two kinds of grapefruit, sometimes I make it with arugula or spinach, and it always tastes delicious.
The nutritional benefits that citrus fruits have are impressive. They contain Vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and they also contain a high calcium content (I know, I could have never imagined it!) and vitamin B1. I could write on and on about them because they have so many benefits.
The dressing is the simplest thing in the world, and it only has FOUR ingredients. And it’s delicious. I use shallots a lot in the dressings because it’s flavor is something between onion and garlic … or at least according to me.?haha
Well, shallots are from the same family as onion and garlic and pair nicely with lettuce and greens. But if you are looking for other dressings, you could try this honey-mustard dressing or even this pistachio dressing.
winter citrus salad
Is delicious so … although it is a little cold to eat salad … it’s still important to eat
WINTER CITRUS SALAD
- 1 grapefruit ; peeled and segmented
- 2 oranges ; peeled and segmented
- 3 romaine hearts washed and torn into large pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of shallots
- 2 tablespoons of white wine or champagne vinegar
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- pinch of sea salt
- To make the vinaigrette, mix all the ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
- Arrange the lettuce pieces on a large platter.
- Put the pieces of orange and grapefruit on top. Finish with the salad with a drizzle of the vinaigrette.