Winter salad perfection: chipotle chili and maple dressing on shaved brussels sprouts with citrus wedges, pepitas, and chopped fresh cilantro. You gotta try it, believe me.
Even during cold weather, I always crave salads. I like them a lot. Any salad, with fresh and crispy greens, warm salads, mixed with roasted vegetables and grains, or just any kind of salad, I love all; for real.
But I think my favorites are always seasonal salads. Those that have fresh, local ingredients and, of course, the produce from the time of year we are at.
✎ Brussels sprouts are at their best from September to March; these guys thrive in cold weather. The minute I spot them in the grocery store, I buy them. We eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables!
Ingredients for the Brussel sprouts winter salad
- Brussels sprouts
- Orange or another citrus.
- Pumpkin seeds
- CHIPOTLE-MAPLE DRESSING.
👉This dressing is perfect with any green salad, with rice, with spinach or any other grain salad. With this brussels sprouts salad, the chipotle and maple dressing tastes delicious because it complements perfectly with the slightly bitter flavor of the sprouts. It keeps in the fridge for upto four weeks and it taste better each day it goes by.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHIPOTLE AND MAPLE SALAD AND DRESSING?
Ideas to finish the salad.
- Seeds or nuts, sesame seeds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, or hemp seeds
- Orange, grapefruit, or tangerine slices
- Roasted chickpeas
- Tortilla chips
- Homemade crackers or chia seed crackers, cut into pieces like croutons.
Other ideas you may like.
Here is the recipe for this winter salad with brussels sprouts with chipotle and maple dressing, it is super delicious. If you like it please share a picture of your dish on social media and please tell me how it went on Instagram or FB.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
WINTER SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE-MAPLE DRESSING
- Food processor
- 1 lb of shaved Brussels sprouts 450 grs.
- 1 orange peeled seeded and diced
- 1/4 of cup of cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 of cup of pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shave the brussel sprouts in a food processor or slice them as thin as you can and put them in a salad bowl.
- Top with the orange dlices, the chopped cilantro and the pepitas.
- In the blender put all the ingredients of the dressing. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, test for salt, chili, etc.
- If you can, let it rest for a few hours in the fridge, this is not necessary but it helps the falvors to integrate. Dress the salad as you like.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.