This winter soup is the perfect soup for this season of the year. It is super comforting and delicious. It is made with leeks, mushrooms, and rice. I like to finish it with a drizzle of excellent olive oil and eat it with a good piece of bread. It is not yet that cold where I live but anyway, with this soup I feel I’m ready for the whole winter weather.
Related content: Carrot and ginger soup
Related content: Red lentil soup
Related content: Mexican soup
Here is the recipe for this
winter soup with leeks, mushrooms and rice
and I hope you like it. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog.
Winter soup with mushrooms, leeks and rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks white and light green parts only, clean and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1-11/2 cups uncooked rice a mix of wild rice, brown rice, long grain rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the olive oil and sliced leeks to a large pot. Let the leek sweat over medium-low heat or until translucent. Put the mushrooms in, stir until the mushrooms are soft and begin to scorch a bit to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the two tablespoons of vinegar and deglaze the pan for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the 6 cups water, rice, dried thyme, and salt. Cover and leave 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve in bowls and finish with a dash of extra virgin olive oil. Eat is with a salad on the side and a good piece of french bread.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.