This Winter Strawberry Cake is perfect for birthdays or any other celebration. This vanilla cake is moist and spongy and finished with a light and creamy strawberry frosting.
And it is a very easy recipe to have on hand for every celebration. You can use this cake recipe for birthdays, for New Year or other special dates during the year.
And California Strawberries knows how important is to celebrate with delicious food and amazing desserts so they have a challenge that you can’t miss.
The challenge is for you to create an original strawberry dessert for the holidays and share it from November 15 to December 15, 2019. You can win a SMEG Espresso Machine, a KitchenAid Mixer or a Le Creuset Skillet.👏Amazing, I know.
Here is what you have to do: Share your original holiday dessert idea on Instagram. Your post must include:
- A photo of your dessert
- The name of your dessert
- Include in the caption: #HolidayGSC and @castrawberries
Go to this page to learn more about this.
So let me tell you more about this very easy and versatile cake recipe.
The cake is made with no eggs, no dairy. This makes it a perfect recipe for everybody, even for those with some food sensitivities. And it is moist and spongy and delicious. And the frosting has strawberries. Yes, I know, I add fruits and veggies to everything, but I really do think it makes everything.
Take this frosting for this Winter Strawberry cake, because of the strawberries the color is perfect and the flavor is simply the best.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- Always preheat the oven when making this or any other cake. It will bake better.
- This vegan cake recipe comes out perfect in a square or two 9-in round baking pans.
- If you are making a round cake fill it with the strawberry frosting or strawberry chia jam.
- This cake recipe is vegan, so no eggs or dairy included.
- When making the cake batter, make sure you don’t overbeat the mix.
- For the frosting, I use Earth Balance vegan butter, but feel free to use whichever you like.
- Here are other recipes with strawberries: Quinoa, strawberry and spinach salad, Strawberry scones and strawberry hibiscus margaritas.
So here is the recipe for this
winter strawberry cake
And I hope you like it as much as we do. Please don’t forget to share the recipe when you make it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. And before I go I want to wish you tons and tons of luck in the Winter Dessert giveaway from California Strawberries.
Winter Strawberry Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp strawberry puree
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups frozen California Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-in round cake pans or a square one with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a medium bowl mix the oil, almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the pans.
- Beat the butter or vegetable margarine in a large bowl with an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth.
- Lower the speed and 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar, mix until creamy. Add the strawberry puree, mix well. Add the rest of confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Beat until high speed until light and fluffy. If needed add almond milk to thin the frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, add the strawberries and the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat occasionally stirring until the strawberries thaw and the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20-35 minutes. Puree and let it cool.
- When cakes are cooled completely, gently unmold them. Place one cake on a cake stand and spread a layer of frosting over the cake. Spread a layer of frosting on the top. Lightly frost the sides with the remaining frosting. Or if making a pan cake, just frost the top layer.