This recipe for hibiscus tacos is straightforward to prepare, delicious and full of health benefits for us. Try it; I'm pretty sure you'll love it.
if you make at the moment the tea1 hr
- 1 tablespoon neautral tasting oil
- - 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- - 2 cups of hibiscus flowers after tea has been made with them
- - 1 jalapeño or serrano peppe whole or chopped
- - sal al gusto
- For the tacos
- - 12 corn tortillas
- - 2 avocados or guacamole
Prepare the hibiscus agua fresca or hibiscus tea as you are used to. Rinse and pat dry the flowers a bit an chop them roughly. In a pan put a tablespoon of neutral tasting oil and the chopped onion to sauté.
When the onion is starting to brown add the chopped hibiscus flowers and the jalapeño or serrano pepper.
Leave on the pan until the hibiscus flowers are dry and crunchy on the edges.
To prepare the tacos add a slice of avocado or a tablespoon of guacamole to a corn tortilla and one or two tablespoons of hibiscus.