Creamy potato and cilantro vegan soup
This creamy potato and cilantro vegan soup is easy, creamy, delicious and has only 5 ingredients.
- 1/2 medium onion white or yellow
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or another neutral-tasting vegetable oil
- 2-3 potatoes medium size
- 1 / 4-1 / 2 bunch of cilantro leaves, and stems
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- Salt and pepper
- Roasted peanuts or slivered almonds
In a saucepan, brown the onion in the oil, for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
Put the potatoes in large pieces, add the broth or water until the potatoes are slightly covered, cover and let it simmer until the potatoes are done.
Turn the heat off and let them cool slightly, add to the blender with the liquid and roughly chopped cilantro a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and puree until smooth.
Blend the potatoes until the soup has the consistency you like. Sometimes you have to add more liquid to get the right creaminess. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Finish with the roasted peanuts of slivered almonds.