Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Sandwich with grilled vegetables and classic pesto ( basil, parsley and pine nuts) perfect for a picnic, quick dinner or party.
- 4 individual ciabattas or a baguette divided into four
- 4 tablespoons of classic pesto
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large eggplant sliced lengthwise
- 2 large yellow, red or orange peppers without seeds and cut lengthwise
- 4 zucchinis sliced lengthwise
- 4 small bunches of mixed salad
- salt and pepper
- olive oil to taste
Half the bread and set aside. Add salt and pepper to the vegetables and put them in a pan over medium heat with a little olive oil to brown. When they are golden on both sides remove them and set aside.
In a large bowl put the mixed salad and season well with a little lemon or white wine vinegar, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Mix well and set aside
To make the sandwich, in each ciabatta or baguette, put the dijon mustard on one side of the bread and a spoonful of pesto on the other. Divide the slices of roasted eggplant, zucchinis and peppers between the four halves. Divide the mixed salad equally and cover the sandwich. Serve immediately.
Serving: 40g | Calories: 819kcal | Carbohydrates: 142g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1750mg | Potassium: 1174mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2585IU | Vitamin C: 113.9mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 8.8mg