CURRIED RED LENTIL AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
This curried red lentil and butternut squash soup is delicious and very easy to prepare. Best of all it's that it can be meal prepped in advance or frozen when done.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 piece of 2.5 cm of ginger grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder I use Madras
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 2 cups of butternut squash diced
- 1 15 oz can of tomatoes chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cilantro chopped
- Lemon juice
In a large pot add the coconut oil, the onion, suaté for 3 minutes then add the garlic and ginger. Leave it for two minutes more, moving so it does not burn.
Add the spices, mix for about 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add the canned tomatoes, lentils, water and butternut squash. When the lentils are soft and the butternut squash cooked, add the milk can of coconut.
Mix and serve with chopped fresh cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeño slices.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 1218mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5165IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 7.7mg