Festive Grilled Sandwiches recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 6 thin slices red cabbage
- 6 thin slices red onion
- 6 smoked cheese slices we use vegan
- Dijon mustard
- Cranberry-jalapeño jam recipe follows
Prepare the surface of the griddle with vegetable oil.
Place the bread slices and vegetables on the griddle and cook on one side for approximately 3 minutes. Flip and cook for three minutes more.
Spread dijon mustard on one side, put one slice of each vegetable and slice of cheese on top.
Finish with a tablespoon of cranberry-jalapeño jam.
12 oz fresh cranberries
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeños, I use canned
¼ jalapeño brine
1. Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cranberries are cooked.
2. Let cool completely before trying it.
3. Try and adjust seasoning if needed. Store in the fridge.
Calories: 811kcal | Carbohydrates: 148g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 2708mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 9610IU | Vitamin C: 487mg | Calcium: 673mg | Iron: 12mg