Summer vegan burgers
Super healthy burgers. Tasty, easy and totally addictive.
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 cremini mushrooms chopped you can use a food processor
- 2 medium potatoes about 11/2 cups, cooked and mashed
- 11/2 cups of cooked beans no matter what type
- 2 tablespoons ketchup barbecue sauce or tomato puree
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño chili * optional
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To serve:
- purple Onion
- 10 slices of bread or 10 buns
- 1 sliced avocado
- Dijon mustard to taste
- catsup to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet add the tablespoon of oil, add the onion and when transparent add garlic and mushrooms. Leave on until all ingredients are cooked and beginning to brown.
In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients mix well with your hands, add the vegetables from the pan, mix and form 10 burgers patties.
Put them on a baking sheet and add them in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Serve on a hamburger bun or sourdough slices with Dijon mustard. Finish each burger with spinach, avocado slices, red onion slices and catsup.