Fried rice with shiitakes and asparagus
Perfect idea for leftover rice.
- 1 + 2 tablespoons oil neutral taste
- 2 cups chopped asparagus into small pieces about a fist
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom 5 or 7 fungi, sliced, stems removed
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups cooked rice about 11/2 to 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili paste sambal Olek or siracha
In a large skillet add 1 teaspoon oil and the asparagus. Let them for three to five minutes. Until they are cooked but crunchy and delicious. When they are done, put them on a serving platter and set aside.
In the same pan, add the mushrooms, move constantly until cooked through and slightly caramelized. Take them out and put them next to the asparagus.
In the same pan add 2 more tablespoons neutral oil, add the garlic and ginger, leave it for 30 seconds, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
Add the rice and move until it is warm.
In a small bowl, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili. Add it to rice and mix carefully
Add the mushrooms and asparagus, add a pinch of salt.
Test for seasoning and serve immediately.