Cream of poblano and spinach cream
Super fast and yummy poblano cream.
- 1 small onion cut into pieces
- 1 poblano chile in pieces seeded and stemmed
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 medium potatoes cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter I use earth balance is vegan
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels to serve
In a pot with a lid add butter and onion. Leave it for a while until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the poblano pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
Add potatoes, spinach bunch and two cups of water. Cover the pan, lower the heat and add the salt.
Check after about 15 minutes that the potato is cooked. If it is already done, blend the vegetables in a blender or with a kitchen robot. Do not add more water until you try it and see if it is too thick. It is better to start adding liquid than have a very watery soup.
Serve with corn kernels and a dolop of cream (I use walnut or almond).
I sometimes use frozen corn kernels and just add them to the soup at the end.