Mexican Tacos with "frijoles puercos"
"Frijoles puercos" is a typical dish from Mexico, this version is the vegan version, a healthier version.
For the beans:
- 6 oz Mexican chorizo I use soy-chorizo
- 2 cups cooked black beans it can also be 1 1/2 can
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers in brine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the tacos
- 1 package One Degree corn tortillas
- 11/2 cup grated cabbage
- cashew cream
- jalapeño peppers in brine to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat brown the chorizo for about 10 minutes. When ready add the black beans and water.
With the back of a spoon smash as much as you can the beans, mix thoroughly and add the jalapeño peppers. Add the salt and test for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
To make the tacos, first heat the tortillas. Put each tortilla two or three tablespoons of beans, add a bit of shredded cabbage and finish with chopped jalapeño pepper and a drizzle of cashew cream.