Creamy chocolate vegan pie.
This recipe for creamy chocolate vegan pie is delicious and super easy to prepare. The filling is made with cashews, coconut milk, dark chocolate and a hint of chipotle pepper.
- 11/2 cup overnight soaked cashews or soaked for one hour in boiling water
- 1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼-⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Maldon or other finishing salt
- 1 graham style MI-DEL pie crust
Melt chocolate in a double boiler, when fully melted add the coconut oil tablespoon and mixed well.
Put ¾ melted chocolate in a blender vase, drain the cashews and put them in the blender, add the maple syrup, chipotle powder, and the coconut milk.
Turn the blender on and blend until creamy and fully combined.
Pour this mixture into the MI-DEL pie crust.
Drizzle the leftover melted chocolate on top and finish by sprinkling some Maldon salt.
Refrigerate for an hour or until firm to the touch. It is best if left in the fridge overnight.