Black bean soup with kale and corn
This black bean soup with kale and corn recipe is a lifesaver. Put all ingredients in the crock-pot or insta pot, program the machine and wait. Really, that's it.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 medium roughly chopped tomatoes or pulsed in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon cumin grounded
- 1 teaspoon coriander grounded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups black beans soaked or not soaked
- 4 cups water
- 4 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Scallions chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- Cream or yogurt I use cashews cream and yogurt
Turn on the Insta on the sauté function, if your pot does not have one, no worries. Add the oil and the chopped onion. Let it saute for three minutes, add the tomatoes, the spices, the salt and the black beans. Add water and cover, if you use the Instapot do not forget to move the sealing knob on the lid, set the intsta pot on high pressure for 40 minutes.
If you use the crockpot, set it up for 4 hours on high or until beans are cooked.
You can also make this soup on the stove, follow the same process.
You can also use 3 cans of cooked black beans instead of the dried beans.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.