Best black bean vegan burger
This recipe for brown rice and black bean vegan burger is delicious and super easy to prepare. You can cook the ingredients before making them or make them leftovers.
- 2 cups cooked black beans without the liquid
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon or less of chipotle in adobo paste
- a good pinch of salt
Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Put the ingredients in a food processor bowl and pulse them until they are well incorporated. They should still have texture; you are just looking for them to hold together when formed as a pattie.
Form the hamburgers and put them on a tray.
Bake them for about 15-20 min. or until firm. Be careful not to overcook; they could dry out too much.
Serve them on a hamburger bun with avocado, green leaves, and tomato slices.
- I use canned chipotles and blend them to form a paste if they come whole. This way it is easier to measure the quantities and freeze leftovers.
- You can also make these burgers on the stove. Heat a pan on high heat and cook for 2-3 on each side. Optional, you can also add a bit of oil to the pan.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg