Three Bean Chili
This vegan three bean chili is the best recipe to make when in a hurry or in cold rainy night.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper roasted or raw
- 1½ cup of black beans or 1 can
- 1½ cup white beans or 1 can
- 1½ cup of kidney beans or 1 can
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 4 cups pureed tomato homemade or canned
- salt and pepper
- sliced avocado
- sour cream I use vegan
- tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro
In a soup pot over medium heat add the oil, onion, and garlic with a good pinch of salt. Leave it for a few minutes until the onion is translucent. Make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
Add the red pepper, if using raw let it brown slightly, if it's already roasted continue to the next step.
Add the rest of the ingredients, cover the pot and leave it for 15 minutes on low heat. If you are using fresh tomato it might need a few extra minutes to cook.
Make sure to check the salt and pepper seasoning before serving.
Serve and top with avocado slices, crema, cilantro, and tortilla chips.
- You can use any kind of bean you like or even just one kind.
- Make this recipe your own.
- To liquefy the tomatoes just put them in the blender with a little water.
- If you have any tomato sauce to spare you can freeze it to use at a later date. Serve with pumpkin seeds, cilantro and avocado squares.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 261kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 14gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 73mgPotassium: 985mgFiber: 13gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 406IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 6mg
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.