White bean and kale vegan quesadillas
White bean quesadillas without cheese but with kale and avocado... so good you'll never miss the cheese.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other neutral flavor oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 1 can of white beans navy beans or 11/2 of white beans cooked at home
- 2 cups or more of kale washed and cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 avocado sliced
- 6-8 gluten-free or normal flour tortillas
In a pan put the tablespoon of oil and onions or shallots. When they are beginning to brown, between five and seven minutes add the white beans.
Then the pieces of kale, the salt and the pinch of cayenne.
When the kale is cooked, and the onions or shallot are golden brown add the lemon juice. Remove from heat.
Heat the tortillas, spread some avocado on one side and two-three of the white bean mixture. Fold or top with another tortilla.
Split each quesadilla into fourths or halves.
Calories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 6gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 617mgPotassium: 535mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3420IUVitamin C: 48.2mgCalcium: 113mgIron: 2.3mg
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.