Savory granola: perfect for salads or to add a crunch to a soup.
- 1/3 cup oil of neutral taste I prefer the avocado
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder I use chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Heat a large non-stick skillet and add the oats and seeds, let them roast for about two or three minutes. Be careful not to burn.
In a bowl, mix oil with tamari sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder, chili pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
Add this mixture to the pan. Mix well to prevent sticking. Do not stop moving, at first, everything will feel stuck and gradually the oats will loosen up. Let everything cook between five to eight minutes.
When loose, add the granola on a tray to cool.
When fully cold store it in a tightly covered jar.