Chickpea and farro salad with curry dressing
Chickpea salad with rice (or other grain) with curry dressing and raisins, pistachios and pomegranate.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 3 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil I use avocado oil
- 2 cups cooked farro barley or brown rice
- 2 or 3 grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo
- Tas raisins 1/2
- 1/2 cup Granada
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Put maple syrup, ginger, garlic clove, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt, curry powder and water in a blender. Turn on the blender and let it run until everything is well incorporated.
Add oil while blender is turned on and let it run for a minute or two. Set aside.
In a bowl add the farro and barley, chickpeas and mix. Add dressing and mix gently. It may seem that the dressing is too much liquid or nothing happens, then it is absorbed.
Put the carrot and the remaining ingredients. Let the salad stand for about five or ten minutes before serving.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.