This avocado hummus is the perfect recipe when you are in doubt for guacamole or hummus, it has the flavor and the creaminess of the guac and the hummus.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans home cooked or canned
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro you can use leaves and stems
- 1-2 roasted serrano chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted on a griddle or toaster oven
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Roast on a grill or toasting oven the serrano chile and garlic (roast the garlic cloves always with skin on).
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Peel the garlic and add along with the chili to the food processor bowl.
Mix until all the ingredients are fully integrated. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Serve on a bowl, finish with chopped cilantro and serrano chile pepper.
Calories: 208.66kcalCarbohydrates: 18.69gProtein: 5.67gFat: 13.36gSaturated Fat: 1.83gSodium: 395.44mgPotassium: 335.45mgFiber: 6.48gSugar: 3.04gVitamin A: 252.99IUVitamin C: 7.48mgCalcium: 34.4mgIron: 1.85mg
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.