This recipe for vegan zucchini basil soup is amazingly perfect for early summer days, outdoor dinner nights, for lun
How to make zucchini soup from scratch?
This has been a year filled with many challenges! Still, I believe whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. I am hoping to soon get back to “normal” and to my same old routine…although I’m starting to think that this nonstop go, go, go is now my new “normal.” Do you recall that last week I told you how Romina was hit with a bat? Well, thankfully her nose was not broken and she only had to rest, but then as soon as she gets better, I almost end up breaking my foot!!! WHAT??
Out of one mess and into another. I have to believe we are getting better and stronger because these past few days have been a bit difficult. Even so, I really can’t complain because it’s only my foot. I’m limping and I know it’s never a good time to get injured, but did I tell you I’m moving to a new house… You can imagine how it takes me an eternity to move things around, but it’s ok because I am feeling very appreciative for the new house. I am also super happy because I am remodeling my new kitchen so I can continue making videos for you. I’ll let you know how it’s coming along and I might even share before and after pictures. Would you like to see them?
(?here is another soup idea: Broccoli ,spinach soup)
I was so frazzled between my foot injury and the mess in both houses(both partially furnished) that I completely forgot to take pictures of the steps needed to make this zucchini and basil soup. I am completely confident that once you read the simplicity of this recipe, you won’t even miss the pictures, but please let me know in the comment section if you have any questions and I will gladly answer them.
Well, time for me to move more boxes and then ice my foot. I leave you with this
ZUCCHINI AND BASIL SOUP
ZUCCHINI AND BASIL SOUP
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion in large pieces
- 4 +1 zucchini 4 for the soup, 1 for serving
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chile
- 5 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 1 / 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- chopped basil leaves
- basil flowers
- olive oil
- In a large pot with a lid put the olive oil and chopped onions.
- Leave it for about five minutes and add the garlic. When you start to smell the garlic, about three minutes, add four zucchinis cut in large pieces, the teaspoon of salt and dried chili. Add the 5 cups of water and cover. Leave for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is fully cooked. Add the basil and the lemon juice.
- Blend with a food processor or in the blender.
- Try and adjust the flavor if necessary.
- Cut in rounds the remaining zucchini and put it in the soup just before serving. Serve with chopped basil leaves, basil flowers and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.