Almost back to reality and I know for sure my life is going to be CRAZY. And as much as I miss my crazy life…. I feel like I’m NOT READY to start the craziness.
But, there is nothing to do, my vacay had to end someday anyway. That is why I need a super POSITIVE MIND, lots of gas and a cool and enormuos planner.
This week has been tough…. my mind is still at the beach and it is not realizing that it is time to get back to all my responsibilities. I’ve done a lot messing up things lately, wrong credit card on an Amazon order, the school supplies order, so we are in an HURRRRRYYYYY to get them. Drove to another soccer field, with a new coach, bad idea for “that” first impression.
I really hope is because it is the first week back to reality and not an age thing, not a this is 40 thing! 😉
So that is why this recipe is going to live in our menus as long as I can find fresh zucchinis in the farmers market or super market. It is easy, delicious and incredibly healthy.
Whole wheat crust, savory healthy almond filling and topped with super thin sliced zucchinis and purple onion. Here is the recipe, please share if you like it.
Galette de zuchinni
- 11/4 cup flour I use whole wheat
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup almonds soaked in water for three hours minimum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 zucchinis
- 1/4 red onion
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn on the oven to 350ºF degrees.
- To make the dough crust, first mix the flour and salt. Add one by one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix with your hands until it forms the consistency of wet sand. Add water, the same way, spoonful by spoonful until a smooth dough forms and does not stick to the bowl. Put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- To soak the almonds, I just cover them with water and leave them at room temperature for a minimum of three hours. Then drain well before using.
- To make the filling, only ground in a food processor or blender almonds, lemon, garlic, 2 tablespoons of cold water and salt.
- Slice the onion and the three pieces of zucchini as thin as possible. If you have a mandolin, it is best.
- Roll the dough crust on a baking paper piece or a silicone mat in a round shape it does not have to be perfect and about a half centimeter thick.
- Put up the almond mixture on an even layer, add the zucchini slices to the almond mixture and top with the onion slices. Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper.
- Put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until you see that the crust is firm and the onions are brown around the edges.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.