Since last week I shared the recipe for the mint and almond pesto I couldn’t wait to to share this also . I know that it is another pesto but this is one is super different and it is made with zucchini noodles .
I do not have the special gadget for making noodles, I do them with a vegetable peeler which it cuts into julienne strips as well. I’ve been tempted to buy the Spiralizer but Sergio is about to send me to another house with all my kitchen gadgets …. I can’t store anything else in my pantry and every time I feel like buying something new I have to remember… “It is you or the gadget at home, there is no space for both.”
Here is a mini video on how I do my noodles, and it is mini in size and in length ;).
If you have this type of peeler, you can make them with a mandolin or a normal peeler. What you do is that after “peeling” out the zucchini or slice it with the mandolin , put them all in a pile and cut with a knife into thin strips. There is no science to it, it’s very easy and the noodles have no gluten, no calories and are made in two seconds. You could prepare them with any pesto, with the mint one or the parsley one. I haven’t tasted them with thedried tomato pesto, but right now that I’m writing it seems to me it would be a great idea. I would test them and let you know.Here is the recipe and if you like it please share it.
Noodles de zucchini con pesto de pistache
- 5-6 zucchini if you do not need organic peel
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios and + 3 tablespoons to serve
- 1 tablespoon or more of lemon or lime juice
- Lemon zest of the lemon that you will use
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups parsley or one cup cilantro and one cup parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice the zucchini and place in a bowl.
- In a food processor add the remaining ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse for about five times until everything is integrated. Add the olive oil with the processor running.
- Mix the pesto with zucchini.
- To serve, chop the three tablespoons of pistachios, sprinkle top.
- You could also serve with a little lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt sea.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Products you could use for making raw noodles (contain affiliate links).