In Mexico we eat tacos, yes, we eat a lot of tacos. For some reason I was always drawn to the vegetable tacos, bean tacos any kind of taco that did not involved any kind of meat. That is why I like to say that I was born vegan. For me, a simple avocado taco made with freshly made corn tortillas, a bit of salt and salsa, has always rocked my world.
I hope this lets you know my love for tacos. But when zucchini meets, raw, cruchy purpule cabbage with salsa verde in a corn tortilla, I can definetly name this my favorit taco.
Other idea:zucchini noodles with pistachio pesto
I hope this lets you know my love for tacos. But when zucchini meets, raw, cruchy purpule cabbage with salsa verde in a corn tortilla, I can definetly name this my favorit taco. Here is the recipe for this
zucchini tacos with crunchy raw purple cabbage and salsa verde.
They are amazing and super easy to prepare. Hope you like them.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or veganaise
- 1 tablespoon oil neutral taste I use avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko or other bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn Tortillas
- 3 cups sliced red cabbage
- *Mexican salsa verde
- *Optional jalapeno peppers in vinegar
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini into sticks.
- In an extended bowl, mix mayonnaise, oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- In another bowl mix the panko with salt.
- Cover each zucchini stick with the veganaise mixture in a very thin layer.
- Then cover it with the panko and put them in a baking dish prepared with a parchment or a silicone mat.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until you see they are golden at the top.
- To make tacos,heat the tortillas and place four or five pieces of zucchini, in each, a handful of sliced cabbage and finish them with a spoonful of salsa verde and some freshly squeezed juice of lemon.